Reading People Program
You’ve learned how to read facial expressions of emotion.
You’ve learned how to read gestures.
You’ve learned about the science behind both.
Now, CONTINUE your journey by putting your skills together in a comprehensive framework in this new and exciting online course entitled Reading People.
Designed by Humintell affiliate New Intelligence, the Reading People program provides you with the skills to better read the people around you. Developed in extensive consultation with Humintell’s Dr. David Matsumoto, the course is built around the New Intelligence: Behavioral Intelligence Framework, which is very similar to the Humintell Model of Reading People (covered in our instructor-led workshops).
The market-leading course includes three modules:
Module 1: Reading People: A Process
This module introduces you to the concept of people reading and will help you:
- Define “reading” people.
- Explain the differences between verbal, non-verbal and paralinguistic cues and indicators.
- Recognize the importance of the impact of perceptual filters when reading people.
- Recognize the three levels of reads.
Module 2: Reading People: An Application
This module provides you with the tools to explain a read based on evidence collected rather than “gut” feeling. You will learn how to take a holistic approach to reading people rather than a one-size-fits-all” approach. This module will enable you to:
- List the tools available in order to accurately read people.
- Explain how to accurately read people using the available tools.
- Explain Mehrabian’s Communication Model.
- Explain the Five Factor Model of personality.
- Demonstrate an accurate read based on evidence gathered.
Module 3: Reading People: Reading Emotion
Reading people’s emotions allows you to understand the reasons for a person’s behavioral cues. This module will provide you with the skills to better read the people around you and understand the role emotion plays when doing so, and will enable you to:
- Define an emotion and emotion families.
- Demonstrate an understanding of difference between an emotion and a feeling.
- Understand why there are only seven universal emotions.
- Explain why emotion is an important part of reading people.
- Demonstrate an ability to read emotion in others
A personal note from Dr. Matsumoto:
“I worked closely with our affiliate New Intelligence over a period of two years giving advice and guidance about the latest, state-of-the-art science and knowledge in the field, while also leveraging our vast experience in training others in our instructor-led workshops. This course is ideal for anyone who wishes to enhance their interpersonal and communication skills, in any profession that involves observing and interacting with others. It is a perfect way to enhance the skills you already have. I recommend this course highly”