Supplemental: MiX 3™ Profile Views Online Training
Use the Matsumoto Method™ to learn microexpressions, the scientifically documented concealed sign of emotion.
MiX3™ is our profile views only training– perfect for those who have already completed beginning microexpression training and are interested in learning to detect microexpressions from only the profile view.
Oftentimes one is not always able to see frontal views of other people’s faces. This course trains individuals to identify microexpressions presented in profile – that is, from 90 degrees to the side. MiX3™ is ideal for individuals who view others at an angle.
Our training can help you:
- Read microexpressions in others from the profile (90 degree) view
- Read basic emotions in others from the profile (90 degree) view
- Identify key characteristics of the 7 basic emotions from the profile (90 degree) view
- See how others really feel and label it quickly and accurately
MiX3™ offers users a comprehensive learning tool to detect microexpressions. Complete with expressions of males and females from six different ethnic groups, MiX3™ can improve your ability to recognize hidden signs of emotions in less than one hour of training.
Training is accessible for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 1 year through our training website. Simply purchase the training, create an account and register your product key that you receive via email. It’s that simple.
MiX3™ consists of:
- A pre-test to baseline your ability to detect microexpressions
- 16 instructional and review videos from the frontal and profile view of the face that teach you the characteristics of the basic emotions of anger, disgust, fear, surprise, contempt, happiness and sadness
- A practice section with 42 images which feature individuals from ONLY the profile view (pictured)
- A post test to see how far you’ve come. Receive over 80% with the images flashing at you at a speed of 1/5 of a second or less and receive a certificate of completion. You can take the post test as many times as you’d like.
Please note that the instructional videos in MiX 2 and 3 are the same.
Our online training was developed to be accessed with Internet Explorer Version 7.0 (or higher) or Firefox Version 3.0 (or higher). While usage may be fine with other browsers, we cannot guarantee compatibility.