Apply various tools and techniques to improve your cross cultural competence
Using the Matsumoto Method™
Humintell’s workshops can be tailored to meet the unique needs of your group.
For additional information please click “Contact us for Details”
Cross Cultural Communications
This workshop improves participant’s understanding of what culture is, where it comes from, and how to leverage cultural differences Learn More...
In today’s multi-cultural world, engaging with people from different cultures can be a challenging experience. This workshop improves participant’s understanding of what culture is, where it comes from, and how to leverage cultural differences. Participants develop their ability to recognize nonverbal behaviors that are cross-cultural and also distinguish cultural differences in communication styles. These skills will help the participant to function more effectively in different cultural environments.
Participants learn how to:
- Define what culture is and where it comes from
- Distinguish cultural differences in communication styles
- Identify nonverbal behaviors that are universal across all people
- Understand the characteristics of intercultural communication
- Adapt more effectively and communicate across cultures
- Improve their ability to leverage cultural differences and improve intercultural communication
Through an engaging power point presentation and interactive self-assessments, participants will have a better understanding of their own cultural background and ability to adapt well in different cultural environments. Participants will learn key concepts and foundational skills to help them deal with challenging cultural situations they may encounter.
Understanding One’s Own Emotions
Participants learn what triggers their own emotions and receive training and practice on how to better regulate their reactions when emotions are triggered. Learn More...
Participants learn what triggers their own emotions and receive training and practice on how to better regulate their reactions when emotions are triggered. We discuss which aspects of emotional processes can be changed and which cannot – empowering participants to focus on those aspects that can be changed.
Participants learn how to:
- Improve their knowledge of emotions and increase their awareness of their own emotional state
- Improve their ability to make critical decisions through enhanced ability to regulate emotions
- Conduct self-scans and identify the internal cues associated with emotions
- Be better prepared to identify situations and events that are likely to elicit emotions
We provide instruction on the nature and function of emotion and the process of emotional arousal. Participants plot their own emotional profiles as well the profile of someone they would like to understand better. We also cover in-depth work on identification of emotional triggers, self-scans, and techniques for more quickly identifying emotional arousal.